Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m curious about this. The way I understand it, I am supposed to save the MAME romsets in the exact same folder where the MAME roms are saved (which in my case is the ‘mame’ folder)?

I find it strange because when I navigate through the games and emulators in Emulation Station, if I go into MAME, then I got a whole bunch of things listed which I guess correspond to a BIOS and not an actual game. It’s kind of sucky since if for example I wanted to make an arcade machine using RetroPie, I wouldn’t want non-game items listed with the games, it’s confusing for the user…

Am I correct that the romsets need to be saved there. Can they be saved in a sub-folder of ‘mame’?

Floob

The folders that the mame emulator will use is defined in
    /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

So in there it shows that to use mame4all as your mame emulator, roms should go into the /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame folder.

The *all* the zip files from a given romset (collection of roms related to a specific mame release) should go in there.

Once thats done, I tend to scrape the directory like this:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.