Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have it set to true and i thought it was bilinear filtering but when i check the retroarch menu in game for psx its off. I set it to true in the retroarch.cfg for psx only. If its not working…any idea why? Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should see smoother graphics/less pixelating… “video_smooth” takes the roughness away from the edges (literally).

Have you set the smoothing option in the /opt/retropie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg

… or the /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg ?

epe9686518
    Participant

I believe it is indeed bilinear filtering, I use it on all of my emus, works great, no major performance hits, even on PSX. It helps a lot, specially on the other emus, PSX games were pretty pixelated to start with, I use one of the video filters for psx as well to help as the biliner filtering alone doesn’t do much. I believe I am using the HQ2X&LCD3x.glslp filter, it adds a type of “retro” crt look to the screen which I think looks nice, and for PSX it really smooths things out with out cutting too much detail and makes the PSX games look a ton better IMO. Haven’t had any noticeable performance impacts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.