Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I am pretty new to RetroPie and I’ve been doing a lot of reading regarding controller setups and key mappings but I still cannot find what I am looking for. I’ve ran Register a RetroArch controller script as well. I apologize in advance if this specific question has been asked already, and if it has, be so kind to redirect me to that post.

I have an F310 Logitech controller and am wanting to know what button corresponds to what button in the config file. I am going to assume the global config file for controls is in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg but I do not see anything regarding my Logitech controller.

Under the Inputs category of the config file on line 409 is where lines pertaining to controls start becoming uncommented but it doesn’t tell me anything about my F310, just my keyboard..

Do I have to go through trial and error to figure out if the B button on my controller is button 5? There has to be an easier way.. I want to be able to change up the controls dynamically based on what game I am playing. For instance,

I have this same question for the mupen64-plus emulator. I’ve gone inside and edited InputAutoCfg.ini and the other config file as well, but how do I know what axis(2+) is? What is button(6) on my controller? This is type of thing I’d like to know for all emulators. I’ve looked on the mupen64 website and they speak briefly on it. Maybe I am just stupid.

Thanks everyone.

Floob

This should help you work out which button is what:

You can find the files produced by retroarch here:
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs

mrjt
    Participant

Hi Floob,

Excellent! Thank you. With this being said, I found my controller settings inside /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/LogitechGamepadF310.cfg

However, question. What is the difference between the config files located in /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/ and the ones located in /opt/retropie/configs/all?

Which set of controls are being used?

Why are some of the .cfg’s inside /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/ executables?

Videos are helpful. TY.

Floob

This is where all the controller files generated by retroarch joyconfig tool are kept, they are effectively the auto files and can be used on a hot swap basis:
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/

This file is always used by retroarch emulation regardless of your controller, so settings in here would be effectivly hard coded and always run.
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

There is no significance of the fact that some of the controller files are set to be executable.

This should help more:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3nvkw_smartretro_retropie-usb-controllers/1#video=x2hudlt

mrjt
    Participant

You’re on it Floob, thank you.

tupadre
    Participant

I use the F310. Button map is below. R2 and L2 are not mapped though as I never use them

X=2
    Y=3
    A=0
    B=1
    L1=4
    L2=
    R1=5
    R2=
    L3=9
    R3=10
    Menu=8
    Select=6
    Start=7

rectorek
    Participant

Hi

Great information here. Great software too!

I was wondering if someone could post the contents of the properly mapped LogitechGamepadF310.cfg file from /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-jpypads/ ?

I’m just having a hard time with the RetroArch joystick/controller calibration. It either goes too fast for me to read what button to press or it times out while trying to register a button. Usually the Axis buttons are the hard ones.

I tried using Nano to edit the file but then I wasn’t sure what was what.

Thanks!

Jara
    Participant

This is what I came up with a few months ago.

Edit: it’s h0right. horight typo on image

Tupadre has X and B buttons reversed compared to what I have.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.