Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone. Apologies in advance if this has already been covered somewhere else. I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi specifically for emulation purposes. I have it working in a state where it is running games and taking controller input now. I’m currently waiting for some heat sinks to arrive so I can safely overclock the Pi to get rid of the stutter I’m seeing in some of the more advanced emulators, but on to my question. The Pi is connected to an HDTV via HDMI, however I would like the emulators to stretch the image to fit the entire screen. In the end this system will be for a visually impaired person who would like to be able to play her old portable games again. Utilizing the screen to the maximum possible extent will make playing her old games much easier for her. Is anyone able to give me any pointers on how to adjust the emulators so they use the whole screen? I realize some people don’t like to distort the original image, but in this case it would be very beneficial. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Roo
    Participant

It would be easiest to set the HDTV set to stretch the incoming image.

herbfargus

I’m not sure if this is still an issue with the 2.5 image but in order for me to get a full screen on my 42″ 1080p vizio television I first had to get rid of the black borders by changing the boot/config.txt by deleting the “#” in the line that says #disable_overscan=1 I then changed my video settings in the emulators to CEA 4 (720p) by pressing m when I started a rom. Then as Roo stated, to get that final full screen effect I changed the settings on my tv from “normal” to “stretch” and it worked beautifully. (except some of the vertical scrolling shooters in mame as their aspect ratio was never going to stretch on any kind of wide screen) Just remember to switch the stretch setting back to normal when you go into emulationstation as it might inhibit your view of the list of games.

Floob made a couple videos that, though they are about the 2.4 image, the video options should still apply to image 2.5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.