Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Initially when I exited EmulationStation I could get to the prompt, type startx and go into the OS. Everything worked as expected.

Now, after I upgraded the RetroPie-Setup script, when I exit emualtionstation after playing a game, I get 5 very small, identical, “screens” that are illegible. When I type startx, the display is almost entirely black and is unusable.

Obviously it’s a video/resolution setting, but I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m not sure why the video is correct in emualtionstation though…

muldoon
    Participant

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

muldoon
    Participant

After many, many hours of fruitless searching, I decided to comment out the rotation of the screen from the setting of display_rotate=3 . Lo and behold, I can now play games and when I exit out of them the screen is not all jacked up! :) I can even type startx and it is correct.

The odd thing is, this did work correctly when the screen was rotated, but then stopped working after I upgraded using the script.

So now my question is; is there another way to rotate the screen so the video is correct in the cabinet?

muldoon
    Participant

I also tried allocating 32/128/256 instead of 64M in rasp0config; but I still get the same display issue.

muldoon
    Participant

I was able to reproduce this issue.

1. I put 2.5 on and the video worked correctly when exiting Emulationstation.
    2. I then updated the RetroPie-Setup Script and the video worked correctly when exiting Emulationstation.
    3. I then ran the Binary-based installation (recommended) and when I exit Emulationstation I now get the display issue…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.