Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I installed Kodi through retropie_setup.sh and I was wondering how to set it up to use a controller. I’ve had a quick look but I can’t seem to find any config file.

Thanks in advance.

ovitz
    Participant

Me too! Help?

fistwielder
    Participant

I’ve been trying to figure this out as well.

caseyjames
    Participant

hey guys does anyone know how to pull a terminal up wile kodi is running?If so I can fix the controller issue.

kurtbliss
    Participant

SSH from another computer.

davejaca
    Participant

Try following this, let me know if it works for you:

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=91263]Try following this, let me know if it works for you:

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”><div class=”fluid-width-video-wrapper” style=”padding-top: 61.1650485436893%;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beBGRwjJI60?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent%5D</div></span&gt;

[/quote]

does not work with dualshock 3 controller

fistwielder
    Participant

Is there a way to navigate Kodi with USB controlers other than XBox 360 controllers?

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=93648]Is there a way to navigate Kodi with USB controlers other than XBox 360 controllers?[/quote]

normally you just edit the keymap.xml and activate the gamepad support in the settings but for some reason the whole setting isn’t there so we can’t map it.

seebach
    Participant

Hey guys, i was able to get my cheap-o usb gamepad working to control kodi. I wrote a short post on the info i found and my config file here. The key thing was that the xboxdrv can both emulate a 360 gamepad with a random input source AND emulate a keyboard using the emulated 360 gamepad at the same time.

sdbrook
    Participant

Seebach,
    I would really like to control Kodi with my USB SNES controller. I read your blog post you linked but am unclear. I installed Kodi from the experimental section of the Retropie setup script. What are the steps needed to get my USB SNES controller working in Kodi?

jojco
    Participant

Hi
    No update on this? i’m trying to get my ps3 controller to work with kodi. I’ve followed the tutorial above but its for xbox controllers…

I’ve been doing the keymaping, making sure the name of the joystick was the one in “cat /proc/bus/input/devices”

but same as you guys, the option “Enable joystick and gamepad support” is not available in the input devices menu…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.