Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a gigaware USB controller that I got from radio shack. I installed the Retropie 2.2 and configured the controller. The controller works fine on the Emulation Station. But as soon as I start a game(ROM), I cannot use my controller. It’s as if it is disconnected. Am I missing any configuration?

hoolean
    Participant

I am also having this issue; I have followed *all* of the tutorials, *all* of the example configs and still I get absolutely nothing in RetroArch.

I have confirmed that the Joystick works but as soon as I get in RetroArch, not a bean; only the keyboard works.

Pete

I also had this issue. I followed along with a youtube video I found

The guy is pretty thorough with his description of how to set everything up, but in the end I was using both of my USB NES controllers and playing Dr. Mario using RetroPie and EmulationStation.

Short version:

1. press alt+F4 to boot into the raspberry pi’s command line.

login: pi
    password: raspberry

type:

cd RetroPie-Setup

Pete

(continued from last post)

after you type cd RetroPie-Setup

type:

./retropie_setup.sh

this will bring up a menu and you should select Update RetroPie Setup Script

when that is complete select SETUP(only if you have …)

then select Register controller for RetroArch emulator

with your keyboard and USB controller connected follow the prompts to setup your controller

Reboot the raspberry pi and configure the controllers within emulation station.

I only did this for one controller and it worked for both within the NES emulator.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.