Viewing 11 posts - 71 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Well, thanks for your responses again folks. :) I managed to get the RGUI to appear, simply using button 8 on my controller as well as F1 on the keyboard.

However, it seems I am unable to get it to successfully remember any adjustments I make to the settings. I used the above command as recommended –

chown -R pi /opt/retropie/configs

-which gave me the required write permissions to the files, but even though I click save config it doesn’t remember my changes when I come to play again.

Also, I am noticing on my fairly basic Samsung 32″ HDTV, that while the Emulation Station gui looks fantastic with deep colours and blacks, when I go into any game those colours and blacks are not as deep as in the front end. The general display takes on a washed out grey appearance. How do you fix this?

Thanks for all your help so far. :)

zsprawl
    Participant

Get it all working?

K-Project

Hi, thanks for responding. Unfortunately I still have the same issues detailed in my post above. I’m going to try the updated image this weekend (2.3) and see if that is any different.

pinion

Hi,

I switched Fuse out for FBZX, it works perfectly but on exit, (press escape twice) I’m presented with a black screen. I have to do a reboot via keys to get the system back.
    I don’t know where to find any logs other than from Emulation Station and that looks clean. /home/pi/.emulationstation/

SD card image and tweak of es_systems.cfg to change out the emulator.

Anyone else with the same problem?
    Thank you.

pinion

Hi,

I believe the issue is with hand back of FBZX to ES.
    Testing from the command line to FBZX the emulator works great, when trying from within ES the emulator hangs going back to ES menu.
    On a different forum another user tried FBZX but I don’t believe that was from within ES 2.

ES 2.2 updated 27th July 2014, change of Fuse emulator to FBZX.

thanks.

imgpoz
    Participant

I have the newest image (2.3) and in both 2.2 and this I have not been able to get my joystick/controller to work. The keyboard works fine in ES, but not in an of the Emulators and when I try from the command line to configure the joystick I get the error message “Couldn’t open joystick #0″. I’ve tried changing the joystick code to 1, 2, etc. but no luck.

Has anyone been able to configure their joysticks? Am I missing a driver or perhaps since I’ve got my Arcade joystick plugged into a Keyboard encoder (along with a real keyboard in the pass through) and then into my Pi, is there a conflict?

I can’t wait to really try RetroPie/Emulation Station but this is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

zsprawl
    Participant

[quote=21510]I have the newest image (2.3) and in both 2.2 and this I have not been able to get my joystick/controller to work. The keyboard works fine in ES, but not in an of the Emulators and when I try from the command line to configure the joystick I get the error message “Couldn’t open joystick #0″. I’ve tried changing the joystick code to 1, 2, etc. but no luck.

Has anyone been able to configure their joysticks? Am I missing a driver or perhaps since I’ve got my Arcade joystick plugged into a Keyboard encoder (along with a real keyboard in the pass through) and then into my Pi, is there a conflict?

I can’t wait to really try RetroPie/Emulation Station but this is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    [/quote]

Sounds like the joystick isn’t natively supported or you need to set it up like a keyboard.

loomdog32

Thanx for this awesome guide!!

I was able to get my controllers working with minimal effort (once I found this) in 2.2.

4 questions.
    1 – When using the HDMI, after closing a game, I get “invalid format” on my TV and no video. I have to reboot the pi to get video again. When using the composite video, it works great!!
    2 – I keep seeing talk about pressing F1 while inside a game to open a menu… Nothing on the keyboard works inside the game.

3 – The long shot, but I’m hoping someone has an answer. Tetrishpere on N64. This is the only N64 game I want to get up and running. The emulator never opens. Has anyone had any luck with this??

4 – I noticed after getting everything setup with 2.2 that 2.3 was released. I did a search and didn’t see a direct answer on doing on in-place update. Is this possible and if so, how?? Im hoping that I missed something and a simple link answers this question.

flickcorp
    Participant

To answer number 4 as a quote from Zsprawl

Migrating from 2.2 to 2.3

If you are looking to migrate from 2.2 to 2.3, it is much easier to copy files off the old image using winscp (or something similar), then copy them back into place in 2.3. Save these files:

/opt/retropie/configs/all/*
    /etc/emulationstation/es_system.cfg
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/*

Your saved games are located in the roms folder, if you’d prefer to only save those (since I hope you backup your roms elsewhere!)

Original Source:
    https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/updated-for-2-3-step-by-step-guide/

Somewhat answer to number 3 I have read that only Super Mario 64 is playable-ish.. I could be wrong.

Answer to number 2 using this code in your retroarch.cfg u can apply a joypad button

input_menu_toggle_btn = "BUTTON NUMBER HERE"

or you can just take out the # next to as default it is removed.

# input_menu_toggle = f1"

GreenAdder
    Participant

What are the button aliases for individual emulators? If I wanted to change the button layout on the TG16 or NES for instance, what would the config files for those emulators look like?

Thanks.

tdawg1982
    Participant

Did you end up getting everthing working correctly with you minipac?

Viewing 11 posts - 71 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.