Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

I recently got a RPi2 and installed the Retropie 2.5 SD card image from Buzz. But I saw there was a 2.6 build out, so I did the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

and then I ran the setup script:

cd Retropie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

When the script ran, there were options to “UPDATE Retropie Setup Script” and “UPDATE Retropie Binaries”. I updated the Setup Script first, but after a reboot, UPDATE Retropie Binaries is no longer listed as an option.

What exactly does UPDATE Retropie Binaries do? I was under the impression this downloaded the latest emulator cores…

Thanks!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it used to download/update all binaries, but this was a problem since some binaries required configuration updates which it didn’t do – this was causing problems.

You can update individual items from menu 5, or use the menu 1 to do a complete binary install which will update the system (backup any custom configs etc first).

We may add it back again in the future, but in a way that doesn’t cause the problems as before.

PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

So when I select option 5 “INSTALL individual emulators…” this will download and install the latest emulator binaries? I assume choosing option 5 will also overwrite the config for whichever emulator I choose to install?

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.