Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

as my system was pretty unstable, and couldn’t even shutdown or reboot (it just showed a blank screen with the prompt blinking) I tried to do a full binary install from retropie setup…

after a while, it stucks on “unpacking libsdl1.2-dev (1.2.15-11rpi) over (1.2.15.11rpi)…”

and nothing else. I’ve let it running for one hour, still there. the prompt is still blinking below, but nothing else happens.

any idea?

herbfargus

Possible you may have a corrupt SD card

helpman
    Participant

so… start from scratch, maybe?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

have you overclocked ?

do you have a sufficient power supply?

I would try reimaging – but instability may be due to issues like this.

helpman
    Participant

I bought it for the raspberry, a power supply of 5v/2A

When I upgraded to 3.5 I made an image of the 3.2 version I already had setup and running, so while I find what’s the problem I’ll use that image.

Everything the same, configs, roms, emulators…
    With 3.2 everything works fine. shutdown, reboot, shaders…
    With 3.4 or 3.5 if I choose shutdown or reboot it just seems to be waiting for something, blank screen, prompt blinking… shaders just won’t work, no matter what I try, fps is shown when I press 1p start on lr-mame2010, and don’t know why, if I press my button 6 a mame-like menu is shown on lr-mame2010

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it is saving the gameslists – you need to wait. (you must have a lot of roms)

I may introduce a hard shutdown as it did before – but meta data could be lost then.

shaders do work – but must be configured from the configuration editor. (hotkeys wont work due to a changed file structure)

helpman
    Participant

I think I’ll use 3.2 for now, as I have it portable and can connect to different tvs, so it looks nice on a 56″ hdmi led tv, but look horrible on a small 14″ crt tv… I need a way to switch them on the fly :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.