Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow revert back to the original ROM menus in retropie. After attempting to run ES Scraper in order to obtain boxart and descriptions for the roms, the extra lag in the menu and improperly named ROM titles is enough for me to want to return everything to how I had it originally. (That is, before I ever ran the scraper)

Is this possible to do without me having to do fresh install? Is there a directory or something I can delete in order to achieve this?

By the way, I’ve also looked into scraping the ROMs manually, but it extremely time consuming as I have a large collection of ROMs.

Thanks again for all your help!

brooksyx
    Participant

Easiest way would be to delete the gamelist.xml located in each emulators rom directory.

You can do this over the network share on another computer or via the shell. Don’t worry about the deleting the images unless you want to.

So for example via the shell you could:

cd
    cd RetroPie/roms/snes
    sudo rm gamelist.xml
    kitchuk
    Participant

You can edit the game list and can rename any roms that are incorrect. You could also try scraping again and change the pixel size of the box art so it loads faster and less lag.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cjeg
    Participant

The problem isn’t the lag with the ROMs that have box art, the problem is with the ROMs that don’t have box art.

If I try to scroll through my ROMs, any ROM that doesn’t have the box art (i.e. the box art is a white box) the system hangs there for a while trying to load the box art which it doesn’t have.

RetroMarine
    Participant

I feel you, man…ES Scraper is a total POS. A good idea, if it were to actually work properly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.