Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello folks!
    I’m unable to load GENESIS & SNES rom into my mini SD card.
    This will crash the Restropie loader script.

I have a White (or black) screen just after the “Emulation Station” logo.
    I tried to add only one Rom on the GENESIS or on the SNES forder and it do the same. Freeze…

To un-freeze the process, I just have to remove the Genesis/Snes roms from the retropie Folders and reload Restopie (I still have access by FTP most of the time when it is freeze)

The rom’s names are very basic.. no special characters of space.
    I have lot of other Roms already on the SD card and they are working perfectly (ATARI 2600-7800, PCE, GameGear, N64, Sega32X, C64,LYNX, NGP, Atari ST, AMIGA and CPC)

My Raspberry is a Pi2 (using turbo or Pi2 mode) and using a Lexart 633X 16GB card (tried SAMSUNG 64G; SAnDisk 8G) – Power is 2000amp and using HDMI cable
    using the wireless Xbox pad + BT keyboard
    and of course, using the last retropie 3.0 setup.

I didn”t have any problem by using the Retropie V2.6 on the same kit!
    Any help will be very appreciate as I tried many combinations and none of them works.
    Many thanks.

herbfargus

Sometimes if you have too many systems emulationstation will freeze, its an annoying limitation of the pi’s processing power.

francouai
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

I do not see on the Retropie doc that the system is limited to 8 emulators.
    I’ll remove one or two to see if that fix this issue.

herbfargus

You can also change your GPU memory split in raspi-config as that may help improve things a bit because you should be able to have more than 8. I’ve gone up to 18 before it failed.

francouai
    Participant

About the GPU memory split, I just setup to 16 (it was set to 64 before)
    I have added only one NES rom (1943.nes) into the folder and.. black screen just after the Emulation Station logo.

francouai
    Participant

I’m thinking now to remove the PORT, scummmvm and PC emulators to release memory and be able to add SNES/MEGADRIVE roms.

francouai
    Participant

and it works!!!
    just deleted the unused emulators like PC, MAC etc..
    and able now to add NES and other Roms without freeze (for now!)

FYI:
    opened the es_systems.cfg file. Using <!– and –> on a systems entry will hide it from the frontend GUI.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.