Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hoping to create a definitive thread on getting Turbografx CD games running on Retropie. Can someone confirm that they can successfully play some Turbo CD games? Which games?

For regular hu-card games I have .zip files in the ROMS folder and all is good, they run fine. I don’t have to have them extracted out to the .pce file.

For the Turbo CD games I’ve placed a .cue and .bin file in the ROMS folder. The game shows up in Emulation Station but won’t play.
    I have the syscard3.pce file in both ROMS and BIOS folders.
    I have tried playing (unsuccessfully) Star Parodia and Dungeon Explorer II.

Anyone having any success with Turbo CD games?

thanks,
    Matt

Raspberry Pi 2
    Retropie v3.0 Beta 4

InsecureSpike
    Participant

have you tried SYSCARD3.PCE too?

most play fine for me

meintime
    Participant

Hi,

I loaded the SYSCARD3.PCE file, it brought up a PC Engine CD-ROM menu, with the option to Press Run. I guess this is what you’d see if you had a TurboCD unit and you turned it on without a Disc in the drive. Pressing Run did nothing.

I loaded up an .iso file, of Star Parodia (as opposed to a .bin file). Same thing, doesn’t work.

I think you’re suggesting that I try the SYSCARD3.PCE file with all capital letters. Currently it’s lowercase, I’ll give it a shot.

thanks,

Matt

InsecureSpike
    Participant

yeah you got it, the latter

crisis6
    Participant

I have only gotten .bin/.cue files to work. I just have SYSCARD3.PCE and syscard3.pce in the bios and roms folders.

Do other file types work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.