Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all loving my retropie setup been up and running on snes nintendo GBA and genisis for a few weeks now. Everything has been smooth thus far. Decided to try my luck with PSX today. No Luck!!

Anyways i have a few roms loaded up Bin/Cue files (tryed 7z but wouldn’t work at all) i have tried a few different BIOS with no luck currently running scph7502.bin

Anyways when i try and load the cue or bios file it loads up (I think) but I have a blank screen it actually flips between blue and black (blue is the screens default no input color) no sound no picture but it will stay on this screen indefinitely until I exit (my normal way is hotkeys on my controller) when I exit all the system messages appear to be correct shows the name of the rom track length and what not shows that the correct BIOS was loaded but just no picture/audio. Any thoughts? am I missing a step? Any help would be greatly appriciated

exonerated
    Participant

PSX has been working fine for me. If your BIOS was wrong you should get a quick yellow flash of text when you load any rom that lets you know you’re missing and BIOS file and to expect errors.

Seems to me like it might be you actual rom file. With just the BIOS placed in the bios directory and the .bin file placed in PSX roms mine are working.

btack
    Participant

I’ve tried 4 different roms from 2 different sites the rom is loading because if i leave it on for a while a .srm file is created just not getting anything on screen

maybe be a video setting is screwed up somewhere

btack
    Participant

Just tested my roms on my android tablet running retroarch and they work. There has to be a config or setting issue somewhere

Ahh this is bothering me any ideas where to look?

RetroMarine
    Participant

I copy all the .bin files of a game to include the single .cue file…then I changed es_system.cfg to have the PSX extensions only be .cue. All of my psx roms work

btack
    Participant

Thanks butI have tried.. bin. cue. img all have the same effect they load but blank display

proxycell
    Participant

a lot of “roms” simply do not work on the pi it seems. i could load Metal Gear Solid but not Persona or Gundam Assault

btack
    Participant

tried Metal Gear solid today with the same results…blank screen. I can actually save a game and there will be a save file so I know the rom is loading but for some reason I have no video or audio. so weird.

thanks for the suggestion though

btack
    Participant

New stuff has come to light dude…..I ran Retro arch from the command line and I can load games and they work. so something must be wrong in the emulation station cfg file that cause this. Any ideas of where to start looking?

Edit problem solved turns out my es_systems.cfg was running runcommand.sh 1 which my tv did not like switched it to 4 and it works

don’t exactly know what these numbers represent but its working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.