Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi folks, Ive gotten my IPAC controller working but in advance mame, which as I understand it is the emulator to use with my trackball, the trackball isnt working. It does work in say the front end of the amiga emulator – so I know its not my soldering!

Any ideas where I need to look?

lamaman1971
    Participant

Hi Folks, as there hasnt been much response on this Ill look elsewhere. Im assuming other folks here have had some success with trackballs and advance mame though? What does your config look like?

lamaman1971
    Participant

Ok, sorted this out. So for those of you struggling with it or contemplating using a trackball heres how to get it working reliably. Its all down to the config file for advanceMAME in the hidden .advance directory : /home/pi/.advance/

Pick the config file for the version your using (or edit both)

device_mouse raw
    device_raw_mousedev[0] /dev/input/mouse0 (or whatever your trackball is assigned to – mine was mouse1)
    device_raw_mousedev[1] auto
    device_raw_mousedev[2] auto
    device_raw_mousedev[3] auto
    device_raw_mousetype[0] ps2
    device_raw_mousetype[1] pnp
    device_raw_mousetype[2] pnp
    device_raw_mousetype[3] pnp

synack
    Participant

Thanks for your post, this helped with my issue of using 2 mice w/ AdvMAME.

For those who have a trackball and want to determine which /dev/input/mouse# device is being assigned, you can do cat /dev/input/mouse0 and see if characters appear when moving the trackball. If nothing comes up, try cat /dev/input/mouse1 and doing the same. Press ^C to stop.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.