Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am unable to output to this screen (which works well with the latest Raspbian-Wheezy release). I made all updates/upgrades, a firmware update (sudo wget://www.itontec.com /mz61581-overlay.dtb) after having removed the old file in /boot/overlays/, made the changes to the 99-fbturbo.conf in xorg-conf.d (fddev /dev/fb1), in short everything that worked with Raspbian-Wheezy.
    Nothing helps, the TFT remains black and Retropie + ES boot into HDMI.
    The Raspberry is model Pi2.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There are no differences regarding retropie and raspbian wheezy in terms of this apart from overscan_scale=1 being set by retropie in /boot/config.txt and retropie image having a splashscreen on boot (which can be disabled)

you can install retropie on top of raspbian, so perhaps start with a working raspbian image and go from there ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Perhaps there is a problem with the latest firmware – did you see if doing

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

on a working raspbian wheezy to see if that breaks things also ?

fmassen
    Participant

Hi Buzz,

1. there is no problem with the latest firmware
    2. I installed retropie (without problems) on top a running Raspbian-Wheezy (which works well with the TFT); leaving the X Desktop, stopping the lightdm service; execution “emulationstation” brings up ES on the HDMI, even if the 99-fbturbo.conf was correctly configured for fbdev /dev/fb1″
    Strange?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

emulationstation doesn’t run on X – so that config file is unrelated. Emulationstation uses the Pi GPU apis directly DISPMANX / GLES (via SDL2)

It may well be that this will not be compatible with that display – you would have to speak to the vendor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.