Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I’m new – sorry if this has already been covered!

I have all my roms on an external drive and don’t use the rom folder that retropie creates on there, instead I symlink and this works great, allowing me to keep collections separate or combined, however I’d like – without affecting my actual rom collections as I prefer them neat.

Some rom collections are so big that you might need to search and create symlinks rather than just symlinking all files that belong to a folder (you’ll eventually get error messages part through, especially with ‘ filenames)

So, taking the Amstrad collection from *******.*** (redacted as per forum rules) my roms are here:

/media/usb/Amstrad CPC [TOSEC]/Amstrad CPC – Games – [DSK] (TOSEC-v2009-10-25_CM)

I would like roms available here (as a new collection, in which case I’d either add or modify retropie’s es config)

/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amstradcpc-TOSEC-dsk

so I’d create the directory:

mkdir /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amstradcpc-TOSEC-dsk

then I’d find roms and symlink them over

sudo find “/media/usb/Amstrad CPC [TOSEC]/Amstrad CPC – Games – [DSK] (TOSEC-v2009-10-25_CM)” -type f -exec ln -sfn “{}” /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amstradcpc-TOSEC-dsk \;

I’m no wiz and there might be a better way to do this but this works great for me so I thought I’d pass it on and importantly it doesn’t error on the really big collections. I especially like it when combining different rom collections into one rom folder without touching my originals. Hope this helps anyone wanting to do the same

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.