Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

In my endeavors in perfecting my Retropie, I took it upon myself to do extensive research on what the best games are. I noticed almost immediately that TheGamesDB was giving 60% to games people hailed to be some of the best. I looked up several “Top (10, 20, 50, 100) lists” and went on several rating websites and I determined that Metacritic’s Metascore is the most consistent with the internet’s generalized opinion. Unfortunately, they’ve only done ratings for GBA and PS1. This is still better than nothing and I actually updated my gamelist.xml for those 2 systems to make my library more accurate and interesting when I organize by rating. I would upload those files, but I’m not sure if that’s against the rules or not.

In summation, Retropie shouldn’t use TheGamesDB ratings when scraping. Metacritic is a good substitute for 2 consoles and I’m sure I could find a better website for SNES, NES, and Genesis also.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.