Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I really like the Retropie project and I’m using it regularly on my Raspberry. Problem is that the Raspberry is not a very powerful device and lots of games are running to slow.

There are alternatives on the market like the ODROID U2 (http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php) which are much more powerful.

Are there any chances that other ARM devices will get a port of Retropie in the future? Debian ARM should also run on other ARM devices.

Thanks and best regards,
    Matthias

Raygan Kelly
    Participant

All the RetroPie script does is install, compile, and configure open source emulators. You should be able to do this yourself on any Linux device.

If your ARM device will run Raspbian (like the Cubieboard, for example) the RetroPie script may even work out of the box. I’ve been considering picking up a Cubieboard for just that reason.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I would be interested in that as well. However, I do not have the resources and time for that so that everyone is invited to contribute here. The script uses some RaspberryPi specific emulator ports, which would have to be modified accordingly (I guess).

malla
    Participant

I know this thread is old, but has anyone tried Retropie on a Cubieboard or any other ARM device (maybe the Banana Pi)?

How is the performance?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.