Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Super Pitendo Logo

I almost finished my Super Pitendo Project an want to share a few Pics with the Community.

Super Pitendo

It’s an old german PAL Super Nintendo Console. I removed every unnecessary plastic parts and the cartridge slot to get enough space for the following system parts:

– Raspberry Pi Model B rev 1
    – 8 Port powered USB Hub
    – Logilink USB Soundcard
    – Shutdown circuit from Mausberry Circuits
    shutdown circuit
    – self made Resetbutton
    – self made Powerled
    – self made USB Controller-Ports

clean case

The Raspberry is powered via the USB Hub. The original Nintendo Powerswitch is soldered to the shutdown circuit. If you turn the Console off, the shutdown circuit send the shutdown command to the Pi and after the shutdown it cuts the power.

When pressing the Reset Button on the SNES it will bring you back to Emulatorstation. Therefore I changed the sourcecode from SNESdev and removed everything exept the exit command.

On the back you have 3 cinch plugs to connect the system to a SCART cabel, a LAN Port, a Mainpower-LED and a Mainpower Switch for the USB Hub.

The HDMI Port is on the right side and 4 USB ports are on the left side.

The next step is to add the Super Pitendo Logo to the Case and improvements to the paint.

Adrian
    Participant

Here’s a short demo video on youtube : Super Pitendo Demo on Youtube

kitchuk
    Participant

Looks really good! Does it just run Snes or other emus? Which emulator are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Adrian
    Participant

At the moment I only run Megadriv/Genesis, NES and SNES with the RetroPie Image.

Next step is Final Burn Alpha, but i got a few problems to get the roms working. At the first try my test-rom (street fighter 3) works perfect. But after a reboot it stopped working and i got an errormsg :-/

kitchuk
    Participant

Haha yea the pitfalls of emulation. Many times stuff like that has happened Nd I don’t know how.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ozdrifter
    Participant

Hello Adrian,
    I picked a busted PAL SNES and wanted to put my Rpi Emulator inside of it. After searching online your build is by far the cleanest and best I’ve seen.

I would very much like to replicate your build but have a few questions to begin with.

– How did you mod the controller plate to fit the USB ports neatly?
    – What type of breadboard have you used to build your PCB’s? are they a tinned board?

If you have some larger more detailed photo’s i would love to see them.

I apologize for the list of requests, but as i said, your build is the best i’ve seen.

Cheers…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi ozdrifter,

I don’t have so much pics, but i uploaded the original pictures to this thread.

The breadboard is thinned (here is a link to the board i buy, its a german site, but there is a picture and the dimensions) http://goo.gl/eYLo8F

The controler plate is just a pieces of breadboard with the glued on usb-pcbs. Its all about try and error to get it fit the right way.

the original “holes” for the controller-ports are way to large. so i used filler to close them and get the right size to fit with the usb-connectors.

If you have any questions just ask me.

Cheers

Leak
    Participant

Excellent build! I’m working on one now for a NTSC SNES, and this has been quite helpful!

DaveMuk

Just wanted to congratulate you dude. I’ve seen a lot of Pi in console builds and this is by far one of the cleanest and best laid out. Hats off you you man.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.