Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Setup

Model B
    HDMI
    2 x retrolink controllers
    Using standard Retro PI image downloaded from
    https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/

Downloaded today infact :-)

Plays most SNES games no problem

Super Mario Kart loads but unable to collect coins or power ups and the character keeps dying then game eventually crashes.

Any ideas? I’m a raspberry pi newbie so please be gentle

trimmtrabb
    Participant

I’m not sure which SNES emulator is the default in the latest RetroPie image, check in .emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

I believe PiSNES has better performance, if it’s not the default you can use it by commenting out the libretro core and uncommenting PiSNES, the paths should be there already, then reboot.

maverick120881
    Participant

I have tried doing that and Mario Kart still crashes and now I have no sound :-(

I have switched back to using the libretro for now

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using PiSNES with mario kart and it works great, that sounds like a very odd bug.

If you’ve installed with the image then it shouldn’t be a problem.

I downloaded PiSNES binary from the pisnes google code website, then I deleted the pisnes folder under /emulators/, created a new folder named pisnes and then extracted the archive into that. Not had any problems although some Roms are just not supported at all, mario kart works a treat.

Good luck!

zSprawl

I played Super Mario Kart for a few hours last night with pisnes, so I would recommend checking your rom.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.