Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

[attachment file=”image.jpg”]

[attachment file=”image.jpg”]

This is my first build I started last month, the plans are from instructables.
    I designed the template for the graphics in Photoshop and had them printed by RockStarPrint.
    Still a bit to go on it, marquee, t-moulding and speakers built into the top.

shoothere
    Participant

WOW! Looking awesomesauce!

I am most curious how you will be handling the display/sound output.

Keep us updated and you’ve got something that makes many of us jealous! :P

stephen
    Participant

Thanks,

The monitor I’m using doesn’t have built in speakers so I’ll be using a small subwoofer and two 4 inch speakers built into the marquee facing up.
    The subwoofer is just a 12v power with audio jack that plugs straight into the raspberry pi.
    Video output is a Hdmi to dvi cable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very nice. I think I know the instructable you’re following. Is his console titled Galactic Starcade? I’m using that one as my inspiration. I just purchased my monitor, joysticks, and buttons.

stephen
    Participant

Yes that’s the instructable I followed, if you have any questions regarding the build let me know as some of that guide is not very clear.

I can give you the photoshop template I made for making the artwork also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine will probably be a bit larger. I was able to get a real good Craigslist deal on a 20.5 inch monitor. I’m also going to have 8 buttons per player instead of 6. I purchased snap-in buttons as well, so I’m going to have to re-engineer the front panel to account for that now. I will be doing something similar with the speakers as well, but I was planning to use a much smaller amplifier. Probably in the neighborhood of 8W or so.

stephen
    Participant

Yeah I have a 20″ wide screen monitor in mine also, the amplifier I have is really small just looks big in the pics I’ve heard the sound output is not overly load but just enough.
    If you just router out the back of the button cuts to whatever thickness you need for the snap in buttons that should work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.