Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I tried to login to the pi via WinSCP, No matter what user I try to use, nothing works, I went into /etc/ssh/sshd_config and changed permitrootlogin to yes, but that does not work either. Nor will user PI work

labelwhore
    Participant

once you change the permitrootlogin setting, you need to set a password for the root user. Try sudo passwd root

lilbud
    Participant

I did that, and nothing will work. I even tried to change the password for user PI. Still nothing

InsecureSpike
    Participant

have you tried enabling ssh via the raspi-config?

labelwhore
    Participant

is that something new? I don’t remember having to do that.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

no, its always been there, i just always enable it, when expanding the filesystem, setting the memory split & changing default password, not sure if it’s really needed to be done tho? but i do just incase

petrockblog
    Keymaster

ssh is enabled by default for the “pi” user on the retropie images. unless it’s been disabled should be no need to enable it

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Make sure you are logging in with user “pi” lowercase. the password is also lowercase.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

[quote=115312]ssh is enabled by default for the “pi” user on the retropie images. unless it’s been disabled should be no need to enable it

[/quote]

thanks for clearing that up buzz

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.