Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I replaced the splash screen with an image downloaded from here that is 1920×1080 pixels.

When the screen shows there is a black border surrounding the image, any idea on why it’s being cropped???

Keigan
    Participant

I know it’s a silly question, but, is the resolution of your screen actually 1920 x 1080? My screen is 1920 x 1200 so if I use a 1920 x 1080 image it won’t look right.

bobbyt
    Participant

It’s 1080p so ideally it should be right…

What’s odd is it has a full border on all 4 sides of the image. I originally thought perhaps the splash screen image I was using was for 720p, which would explain a full border at 1080p, however when I checked the image size it does appear to correspond to the 1080p resolution…

I was using the Mac OS X like image of light gray with the raspberry in the middle. I decided to invert the image and then adjust the background so it was black to illiminate the border. And though I can’t be certain it actually appears to me like the logo in the middle is larger, making me think that now the image IS displaying at full screen…

But I like the way it looks inverted (it’s more Apple TV boot screen like), so I’m leaving it that way…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.