Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I watched Floob’s video (all 60 minutes!) on config files in v3b2, and I’m sure the info was in there, but I’m going to have to go back and take detailed notes, I think. In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to specify a controller per emulator?

I’ve built a small console device that has 2 sets of arcade style controls interfaced using the xin-mo usb controller. After a bunch of mucking around, it actually works pretty good. I also have a Logitech dual action usb gamepad that I’d like to use for it’s analog joysticks, basically in the n64 and psx titles. Everything works fine if I plug and unplug the appropriate controllers, but is there a way to specify that the Logitech is to be used for player 1 in those two emulators, while the xin mo is used for P1 in the others? Any help is appreciated!
    Jared

Floob
    eldo73
    Participant

Ok, it’s been a while, but with Christmas break, I’m back at the retropie! I see the link there, but that seems to be describing how to change button mapping per emulator, not changing the controller per emulator.

With the new system wide controller configuration, this issue has gotten a bit easier, but I’d still like a way to have the controllers plugged in and be selected based on the emulator.

If I’ve misinterpreted, please let me know, if not, any help is appreciated!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Adjust “input_player1_joypad_index” setting for each system (configs/system/retroarch.cfg)

so input_player1_joypad_index=0 is first usb port. input_player1_joypad_index=1 is second etc.

see

eldo73
    Participant

Buzz, that was the part I was missing. I’d seen that line, but wasn’t sure how to use it. Thanks a ton!

Localhorst86
    Participant

how (what Linux command do I need to execute) do I find out what indexes my controllers have been assigned when I am using a USB hub connected to my pi?

eldo73
    Participant

I believe lsusb is the command you’re looking for.

dankcushions
    Participant

are those joystick indexes static between boots? I feel like mine changed around at random…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.