Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Computer noob here.

Just installed v3.4 yesterday, transferring ROMs via USB stick (Since I couldn’t figure out Cyberduck). My problem is some of the roms aren’t showing up in Emulation Station. Specifically SNES. I have 9 Roms in the folder (including 3 Super Metroid to see if it was an issue with the file), plugged in the USB to auto-transfer, and only 2 of the games show up. They’re all the same file format. I’ve looked all over and can’t seem to find anything on getting them to show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pic Related: Only Aladdin and Mario Kart R are showing on Emulation Station.

labelwhore
    Participant

I use FileZilla rather than Cyberduck. Any ftp program will work that allows you to connect via SSH (SFTP). You just need the ip address of your pi, and the username/pw. If you haven’t changed it yet, that’s pi/raspberry.

thomas
    Participant

Hi Wojoness – not that it is any consolation, but I am having the exact same issue. I initially copied 2 roms over to make sure that it worked and they could be seen. And it did work. So then I proceeded to copy several hundred more, and none of them were seen, even though they are exactly the same format. I am getting this across several systems. Other systems show up just fine and some don’t – it is baffling. Especially because the first couple roms seem to show up and all subsequent ones do not. If you get this figured out please let me know, and I will do the same. Thank you.

mrliam
    Participant

I too am having the same issue. I am running a fairly clean copy of Retropie v3.4 on a Raspberry Pi 2. So far the only changes I have made are to add a couple of bluetooth devices and a Udev rule for one of them.

I am attempting to load the roms from a 16Gb SanDisk USB formatted to Fat32 with less than 2Gb of data on it using Retropie’s built in copy service.

All the roms copied across for systems named A-S(Scummvm), up until it got the the Snes folder where I had a 0% success rate. The same applied to the ZXSpectrum. The files look fine to me, the folder structure has not been changed from when the copy service created them. At the moment I am at a loss as to why they don’t copy across, but I will continue to investigate when I get the chance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am having the same problem. Ever since RetroPie v3.4, it appears that the automatic USB rom service somehow gets interrupted and doesn’t finish. I have had to manually copy the files over myself.

mrliam
    Participant

So I have found that in my case it was a directory ownership issue. I must have upset the permissions when adding roms to the folders (I do seem to recall renaming the Snes folder by accident and changing it back).

To solve the issue I ran the Retropie setup script and chose the option to ‘Reset ownership/permissions of /home/pi/Retropie/roms’.

After that I ran the ‘Start USB rom service’ option and all of my missing roms showed up on next reboot.

I am fairly new to Retropie and I am guessing that this must be a somewhat common problem if there is a dedicated script for fixing it, but searching the forums, this was the first post I found on the matter.

Hope the solution is this straightforward for everyone else having a similar issue.

labelwhore
    Participant

Alternatively, the following command will do the same thing for anything with the wrong ownership in the roms folder:

sudo chown pi:pi -R /home/pi/RetroPie/roms

mrliam
    Participant

Thanks labelwhore, that’s handy to know. I am going to be more careful when working with the roms folder from now on, so hopefully it won’t happen again.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

how to use FileZilla

or

best to learn how to use it, it’s really quite handy! as less resource hungry than Cyberduck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.