Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been going back and forth for days, switching between cores and emulators, to get my copies of Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, and Super Return of the Jedi to play correctly with correct sound.

I thought it was just the RetroArch PocketSNES that was playing it weird, so I overclocked my Pi to turbo; nothing happened. So I switched over to PiSnes; nothing happened. Then I switched over to snes9x-rpi, hoping it would work seeing as how it works fine on my build of Snes9x for my Mac; still, nothing. The sound is still glitchy and bad on all emulators.

So then I hunted down new copies of these roms and guess what? Still nothing>

Has anybody had any luck getting these games running smoothly and without issue? Please share anything that may help.

Thanks.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

The ports are based on older emulators for performance, unfortunately the trade off is compatibility :-(

tanner
    Participant

That’s what I’ve been afraid of.

I wonder how tough it would be to rebuild and recompile either emulator with a later build, say Snes9x 1.53.

Hmm… I guess we’ll find out eventually wen someone decides to try it (I know I couldn’t).

Thanks, Trimmtrabb. You’ve been especially helpful to me lately haha.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

There have been attempts to run later versions on the Pi but no success as of yet :-( This thread may be of interest you: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=23272

tanner
    Participant

I was actually reading that a few minutes ago.

It seems as though while snes9x 1.53 would be better, it ran much slower when Pisnes was being built.

However, given that the Pi itself has undergone a few changes from A/B Revision 1 to A/B revision 2 to model B+, wouldn’t it seem that maybe it’s time to try another build again?

Just my thoughts.

Escher86

I have problems to start playing Top Gear 3000!

motorhead
    Participant

Try changing in the config file audio to 44100. (The file is here for 2.2 and 2.3: /opt/retropie/configs/all). It worked for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.