Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been playing the Snes emulator which is great on my large TV and I was wondering if I can make the graphics a little crispier with a filter/shader?

We are using Xbox controllers and can bring the Retroarch menu up, but am not sure what I’m looking for or even if it’s possible?

Thanks

lilbud
    Participant

Out of the box, most emulators use the phosphorus shader, which is basically bilinear filtering. If you go into the config.txt, and set the shader to none, the graphics will be a lot sharper.

Hope I was able to help

gizmo98
    Participant

There are many things you can tweak:
    1. Increase render resolution: Press x or m if you launch a game and select a higher render resolution.
    2. Disable bilinear filtering: Go to RetroPie-Menu and select “Edit RetroPie/RetroArch configurations”. Select option “1 Change common retroarch options” and select “snes”. Disable “video_smooth”.
    3. Use shaders: Go to RetroPie-Menu and select “Edit RetroPie/RetroArch configurations”. Select option “1 Change common retroarch options” and select “snes”. Enable “video_shader_enable” and select a video shader to use.
    4. Use overlays: There are many threads how to use overlays.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.