Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Recently, after having my sixaxis time out I am not able to reconnect it by pressing the PS button. Earlier (few months back) this was possible..

When doing hciconfig I get bluetooth “UP RUNNING” but no pscan. After a reboot “UP RUNNING PSCAN” and my sixaxis will pair no problem.

After “breaking” I can manually do hciconfig hci0 pscan via ssh and the controller will pair again. But this is obviously more involved than I would like.. I prefer to keep the pi on 24/7 so turning off after every game isnt viable.. Anyone know how to make this work?

vis81
    Participant

Same probem on my setup. After PS3 controller has been connected first time after boot – PSCAN is suddenly disabled.
    Once I run “hciconfig hci0 pscan” – it starts to work again (PS3 controller is able to reconnect after being disconnected) until next reboot.

I made a hack to workaround this problem by adding the same command to the end of sixad-sixaxis.cpp main function
    system(“hciconfig hci0 pscan”);

But would be good to find the good solution.

justinbeaird
    Participant

Same here I wanted to use ps3 controller s because I hate the big bulky Xbox receiver

I beleve it worked well with retropie 2.5 beta img. But I didn’t use 2.5 very long

Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed this behavior with recent builds of blueZ. you probably should think about removing qtsixa and use native support of ps3 controller in recent blueZ (i don’t have a tutorial for raspbian, but this tutorial for gentoo probably can help you)

killer101
    Participant

I had issues with Bluetooth too. Try adding these 2 lines before the line “exit 0″ to the file etc/rc.local

hciconfig hci0 up
    hciconfig hci0 piscan

Fixed it for me!

PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

I was having the same issue, and similar to killer101, I did the following:

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

add the following 2 lines right before the “exit 0” line:

hciconfig device up
    hciconfig enable pscan

This is a slightly better method in case your device isn’t hci0.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.