Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

N64: (1) No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get the right settings to open the RGUI in game to set the controls using this. I have it so I can close the game using the hotkey, but I’m not sure what I am missing/need to be able to open this. The controls are slightly off after ES default config and I would like to fix it using that like all the others. Pretty much resolved, needed to edit both the mupen64plus.cfg and InputAutoCfg.ini files together to fix controller issues, no luck on RGUI to open, but this works for now

(2) Also, I will file this under the N64 header only because that’s where the issue arises. I only have two controllers plugged in at most, but the “Configure Input” in ES says there are three gamepads detected. Most likely due to the USB keyboard I have hooked up from time to time. Even when only one controller is hooked up though, it says there are three detected. The issue comes up when trying to play Star Fox 64. It auto detects how many controllers are hooked up and sets that as the amount of players playing. How do I disconnect the third controller, or at least disable it if it isn’t plugged in? Resolved. Issue was my keyboard was considered a “plugged in controller” since n64 auto detects those. Once I set it so it was false for “plugged in”, this was resolved.

Dreamcast/Reicast: (1) I also can’t get the RGUI to pop up for this one, but I’m pretty sure it’s because I haven’t put it in the config file, not sure what needs to go in there. But there was an earlier post on here that helped me get it so my controls worked for the dreamcast, using the HEX value for the buttons, however, the exit button that’s default should be select. I tried the 0x13a and 0x137, both do not work for me. In fact, it seems that a lot of my controls don’t work. Resolved. Source based installation of reicast, retyped in the hex values with select/quit being 0x13a and it works now.

I am still fairly new to all this, so, I apologize if this is simple stuff. I have searched and tried A LOT of stuff and none of it has worked thus far. I can post whatever is needed, but I’m also not sure the best way to do that besides copy and paste…

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

flourpowder
    Participant

I will attach a file for the dreamcast: mappings of controller_xboxdvr.cfg and controller_MicrosoftX-BoxOnepad.cfg and the .reicast emu.cfg

And I have no idea where the mappings of the controller is for the n64

gizmo98
    Participant

Please post this file /opt/retropie/configs/n64/InputAutoCfg.ini

You could also update RetroPie-Setup and then do a source based installation of emulationstation. Reicast controller configuration should work now for XBOX One controllers.

flourpowder
    Participant

What is the best way to find that file? The way I have been doing so in the past is using Putty, copy and pasting the lines into a word document, but putty doesn’t scroll so I have to select, copy, paste, scroll, select, etc… and this file is about 1300 lines long. I have Cyberduck, but I can’t find that file through that. Is there a quicker way of grabbing that file?

and source based installation of emulationstation or reicast? if ES, where do I find that?

gizmo98
    Participant

I think you updated an older retropie version to 3.3? Rename InputAutoCfg.ini (mv InputAutoCfg.ini InputAutoCfg.ini.bak) and run input configuration again. Input configuration does not work if you have an old InputAutoConfig.ini file.

flourpowder
    Participant

Thank you. I didn’t realize that was another one of the files that needed to be edited for controller configurations. I now have the above post edited to reflect the resolved issues. I still haven’t gotten the dreamcast controller to open the RGUI menu, but I have been able to mess around with the emu.cfg file. However, still no luck on getting the select button (or any button on the controller) to quit. 0X137 is set for my “d button” from the file of a different post, and they also said to set the select button to that. I have no idea what the d button is, but 0X137 and 0X13a do not work for quitting the emulator.

I will also add that I have not done the source based installation yet, but I now have time this weekend, so I will do just that and update if anything changes.

herbfargus

there is no rgui for reicast because its not a retroarch core (yet)

flourpowder
    Participant

Got the dreamcast emulator to quit, finally. after source based re-installation, the hex value 0x13a worked finally. And ok, thanks for the heads up on reicast not being a part of the retroarch core, but is the n64 one? I swear I saw some video a while back of someone opening the RGUI in the n64 emulator. I might be mistaken though…

herbfargus

Retroarch is currently porting reicast but its not done yet. And yes mupen64plus has a libretro core port as well. We keep both with retropie because the harder systems to emulate typically perform better with the non libretro builds.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.