Setting up, using, and enabling pifba on the front end GUI

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Setting up, using, and enabling pifba on the front end GUI

RetroPie has a new website and forum. Please visit https://retropie.org.uk/ for the new site. The new forum is located at https://retropie.org.uk/forum/. This forum is left here as a read-only archive.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of vasilisrk vasilisrk 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of californiapants
    californiapants
    Participant

I would like to first apologize because I am quite new to the linux side of computers. I am in the process of setting up various retropie things and want to use pifba to fill in the fighting game gap that the default mame leaves. However, nothing I can find really says how to get it going through retropie or how to simply use the program in a way that a complete newcomer can understand.

Now onto what I have tried to do. I have attempted to run install.sh from the command line, but get a good amount of “no such file or directory” errors. Trying to run a game through “./fba2x roms/(romname).zip” using street fighter alpha 2 brings up a screen with a loading bar for a quick second and then goes back to the command line i was at previously, using it with marvel super heroes vs street fighter sends it to a black screen where nothing happens until I hit escape. Trying to run “./fbacapex” does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope enough information was provided to give you an idea of whats going on.

Profile photo of motorhead
    motorhead
    Participant

Hi! You started with 1.9.1 image or with older one? I got it working with 1.9.1, but with 1.8.1 was impossible for me…

You are modifying es_systems.cfg with the commands? or trying to execute the emulator from cmd?

If you are editing es_systems.cfg, the command working for me is:

COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%”

Profile photo of californiapants
    californiapants
    Participant

Well this is a little weird. I was looking for the es_systems.cfg file and when accessed with “nano ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg” the screen was just blank. I then booted back into emulation station and the final burn alpha screen was there with some roms on it! Alpha 2 still crashes when its run, but marvel super heroes ran (albeit a little choppily but I havent overclocked yet). So I guess now my problem is to get my controller working with retropie and figure out why some roms wont start.

Profile photo of vasilisrk
    vasilisrk
    Participant

Does anyone know how the high scores on pifba work???????

Thanks in advance…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar