Tagged: , , , , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have tried several methods of getting Sonic CD to play, but the best I can get seems to only get regular stage music working (no title screen music, invincibility, speed shoes, level end etc). Can someone explain to me how to get it working properly?

herbfargus

generally speaking with sega cd files you need both the bin and the cue file in the rom folder in order for it to work with sound.

seventhsentinel
    Participant

I have tried that. I used a .bin file for the game and .bin files for the music as well, taken from a dump I found online. Would .wav files work for the music?

herbfargus

a cue file is needed to cue the music. try using something like this to build a cue file for your bin files:

http://www.racketboy.com/downloads/sega-cue-maker.htm

I’m not sure if wav files work or not. all I know is all of my sega cd games won’t work with sound unless the .cue file is there with the .bin file.

seventhsentinel
    Participant

The cue file works, it’s a matter of whether or not I can use a different audio format to make it work better. They might just be too big to try to load. I’ll see what I can dig up in the picodrive forums (granted that they exist).

seventhsentinel
    Participant

I dug up a version of picodrive that said it supported .wav files. I went through a few hoops getting the music converted, but it works now. It now cuts off the first few seconds of audio, but I messed with my .cue file a little, so I guess I’ll put it back to normal ad try again.

seventhsentinel
    Participant

Finally got around to fixing the .cue file. Everything works peachy keen now.

herbfargus

Glad you got it worked out, sorry I wasn’t more help. Would you mind documenting some of your steps for others to show how you got it to work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.