Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hey,

after I finally moved all my roms to an external HDD ScummVM and DOSBox wont start anymore. I set the correct paths (in the es_systems.cfg) but get folowing errors if I try to start either of one:

For ScummVM

Press 'x' or 'm' to configure launch options for emulator/port (scummvm)
    Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open a console terminal!
    Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open a console terminal!

And for DOSBox

Press 'x' or 'm' to configure launch options for emulator/port (dosbox)
    DOSBox version SVN
    Copyright 2002-2013 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
    ---
    Exit to error: Can't init SDL Unable to open a console terminal

Before sending them on the HDD they worked fine, besides I had to install it with:

sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev

Afterwards I tried to start ScummVM from SD Card but get the same error.

If I run it now, it says that everything is up to date. So I really dont know what to do and will be glad if someone could help. Im using a Raspberry Pi 2 with the latest software.

Edit: I found a hint via google. Someone said that this error means that the keyboard is not found. But my Keyboard is recognized and working (at least in the console).

kjozsa
    Participant

The error rather looks like you’re trying to run scummvm / doxbox over a remote pty (ie. ssh to the box and start scummvm from there). Certainly, the framebuffer driver won’t really work this way with your primary output screen..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.