Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello. I am about as NOOB as it gets. Probably should learn to walk before I run but here I am anyway. I successfully loaded retropie on my rasp pi (huge accomplishment for me in itself) I am finding that the screen is cut off to the left and at the bottom. Tried adjusting tv. . . no dice. Tried adjusting though sudo nano /boot/config.txt and adjusting the “_right 16” and so forth. (saving settings) doesn’t seem to work. The bottom of the screen is so far down I can’t see what I’m typing in the command line and the left is cut so I can’t read the first 6-7 letters of any text. I have run emulators on my PC and PSP so I’m not completely useless but I have not used Linux before so that’s most likely my problem. Appreciate any insight and help. And I really appreciate what you guys are doing. Thanks again

jdgabbard
    Participant

Turn the 16 into a 40 or 50 and it should fix the problems. Had this issue with mine, I personally set to 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leiajade
    Participant

Ok. I’m at my wits end here. I’m also about as NOOB as it gets. I’m having the same problem as kaboosh here except my screen is cut off all around. I got into my /boot/config.txt file using the sudo nano command. I tried enabling and disabling overscan and that made no difference. I tried setting “overscan_scale=1”. This helped with the top and bottom of the screen, but I still can’t see the left and right sides. The display is a Panasonic. There is actually a lot of unused black space on either side of the screen which seems to be masking the information underneath. It’s so severe that I had to add 40 characters of just spaces before each line of my config.txt file just so I could read it and edit it, and I’m entering command line prompts mostly blindly. The only thing I’ve found that works is to set “overscan_left=300” I mean 300 is nuts right? And then when I set “overscan_right=300” all the content is distorted and pushed in. I also tried manually setting my framebuffer to 1920×1080 (my displays size) and that didn’t work either. What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.