Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

In the scraper, it will not find certain games from TheGamesDB. But if i search on the website, i can find it with ease. Why can’t ES find it, One of the games is F-Zero, on the website, not found by ES.

herbfargus

Some Hyphenated games aren’t scraped for some reason (another reason why pacman and digdug aren’t scraped) you’ll probably have better luck with sselph’s scraper.

https://github.com/sselph/scraper

Another thing to make a note of is the platform variable in es_systems.cfg

See also:

lilbud
    Participant

How do you install his scraper?

herbfargus

details are on the github page. Floob also made a video if that’s more helpful:

ekstreme
    Participant

I have a simlar issue, but the ones that get me the most are Wonder Boy and NBA Jam. I guess NBA Jam is too short? I just manually add them to the XML.

If you use Neo Geo Pocket you will get poor results as theamesdb uses seperate systems for NGP and NGP Color, emulationstation searched for NGP system and unfornately the above scaper doesn’t work with NGP(c) yet

lilbud
    Participant

It worked on a previous version of retropie, V 3.0 beta 1, and if i try to add it manually it will not save.

Floob

Make sure you arent running ES when running the sselph scraper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.