Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I love taking screenshots of games and using them on the web/social media etc. On my windows HTPC this is fairly straightforward. Not quite sure how to do this on RPi or if it’s even possible.

I can see the option for screenshot location in retroarch.cfg. Any brainiacs out there have any clue how I would get this working?

I also thought I could save it somewhere that has an SMB share like /roms/screenshots/, then use something like dropbox in a creative way to keep an eye on that folder on the network and move updates to my file server (which is synced to everything else). I’m not even sure how I would enter the directory for screenshots if I wanted to save locally.

So, the end result would be I would press the button for screenshot on my controller I like left analog ‘click’ then within a few moments the screenshot would be available on my phone via plex or dropbox or some other file-accessing service.

Floob

In your
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg file, edit this line to read

screenshot_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/screenshots
    (Make sure you have removed the hash character #)

Obviously you will need to create the screenshots directory, do this as user Pi, or at least make sure Pi has read/write access to it.

Then It should be accessible via windows. You could always write a basic batch file to move the contents to your dropbox directory.

pomme
    Participant

Well, this totally works, thanks.

Is it normal for the emulation to pause about 1 second during the screenshot?

pomme
    Participant

One more thing. I’ve got a few pixels of garbage on the top and bottom of my screenshots. This isn’t a huge deal, but if there’s a way to correct it, I’d like to.

Floob

Have you got an overlay or shader in use there?
    If so, can you try taking the screenshot without any effect applied?

I’ve not tried screenshots so not too sure if it should pause. You could ask here:
    http://libretro.com/forums/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.