Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’d like to create a .sh script to launch rpix86 and have it start a ROM. This way I don’t have to load into rpix86 and run it manually each time.

I was originally trying DosBox as the development seems further along with RetroPie here, but it was just running so laggy that I couldn’t use it. rpix86 runs everything fine in comparison.

I was following the guide here: http://dosonthepi.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/run-dos-games-in-retropie_15.html

I was specifically looking at the section where it says to create a .sh script with this content:
    #!/bin/bash
    /opt/retropie/emulators/dosbox/bin/dosbox -c “mount c /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc” -c “c:” -c “cd WOLF3D” -c “WOLF3D.EXE” -c “exit”

basically I’d just like to modify that script so that it does exactly the same but launch rpix86 instead. I tried changing the first part to the rpix86 location and it launches, but doesn’t accept the rest of the command.

Please help!!

FYI – I know the rules state not to discuss ROMs and totally agree with that, however the ROMs in question here are freeware, hosted on the DOS archive.

herbfargus

See this page for command line parameters:

http://rpix86.patrickaalto.com/rfaq.html

tombutcher1990
    Participant

Thanks Herb. I’ve been sat staring at that page for hours trying to figure it out. I’m a complete beginner to this whole Raspberry Pi and RetroPie thing, having only just received my Pi at the weekend and jumped right into RetroPie!

My Linux command line knowledge is just as limited too really, having only touched it a small amount about 10 years ago and forgotten all of that since.

I finally managed to figure out what I needed to do. It’s actually much easier than the DosBox command. My script now looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
    /opt/retropie/emulators/rpix86/rpix86 /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc/wwheels2/ww.exe

I now have an entry in my list of Roms with the name of the .sh file, and when I run it it launches etc, and when I exit the game it exits. Simples!

herbfargus

And your keyboard has been working as well? I had some issues with the keyboard not working when I ran it from emulationstation but might just been a fluke. Thanks for posting your solution.

tombutcher1990
    Participant

Yep, not had any issues with keyboard not working on any emulators yet.

I’ve got a couple of the Buffalo USB SNES controllers too which I’m using elsewhere. Haven’t tested them yet with rpix86 though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.