Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve followed the instructions here:

and think I’m on the verge of getting Retropie to pull ROMs from my (Synology) NAS. I’m able to navigate to the ROMs through the file manager, path in es_systems.cfg edited to

<path>/media/consoles/MAME_0.151_ROMs/MAME_0.151_ROMs</path>

which matches the path I see in file manager, but no games are showing as available under MAME. It also doesn’t appear to be trying to scrape them. Any ideas as to where I’ve gone wrong?

Thanks,

Sam.

ssimplemind
    Participant

Hi samw, I thik there are a few points where your config could have gone wrong, so check them one by one.
    1. After changing the es_systems.cfg file you have to do a restart, so that emulationstation loads the new paths.
    2. Be carful, because MAME has more than one emulator and you should check that the file extension is correct (.zip).
    3. It seems pretty odd that your path has MAME_0.151_ROMs twice. Please check it again. If the path points to a directory which doesn´t exist, you won´t see anything in emulationstation.

You could try another approach, instead of changing the path in es_systems.cfg you could just symlink to the network mounted directory from the original directory.

For this you´ll have to go to your mame emulator folder (ex. /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame-advmame) and
    ln -s /media/consoles/MAME_0.151_ROMs/MAME_0.151_ROMs
    if that is indeed your correct path.

samw
    Participant

Thanks for the help. Sorted out the directory structure so I didn’t have MAME….. sat inside another MAME… and as I was doing it realised the names of each folder weren’t actually identical (spaces instead of underscores on one). Now working, thank you.
    Sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.