Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had trouble opening up RGUI in order to change PS discs. I started this thread: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/cant-open-rgui/
    back in September, but then thought I solved the problem.

I had to update my card recently. I have the newest version of the setup script. I’ve tried the “fix” I found before, re-installing RetroArch, but I still can’t get anything to open.

Does anyone know why RGUI doesn’t exist on certain installations, and what do I need to do to get it? PSX is pretty much useless without it, but I know it must work somehow.

Any help and/or information would be appreciated.

gizmo98
    Participant

Please post your retroarch.cfg

jplaj
    Participant

I’ve attached both the main config and the one I use for PSX (note: the difference in file name is only so I could copy them into the same directory. They both have the same name on the SD card), in case that makes any difference. It’s worth noting, though, that RGUI won’t open in any of the RetroArch emulators.

I’m not sure it’s a config issue, though. The menu_toggle and disc_eject/next functions, I added myself. There was no information about RGUI at all in the original file. It did work briefly (as mentioned in the other post) when I updated Retroarch in September, but now there’s nothing.

gizmo98
    Participant

I modified some lines.

jplaj
    Participant

Tried the new file. No changes at all.

I’m pretty sure my config file is solid, and the problem is somewhere in the installation. Keyboard commands won’t bring up the RGUI menu either. I think it’s simply not part of the program.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

try the latest RetroPie image 1.9.1 it definitely works on that. Maybe somethings gone wrong with your installation via the setup script

gizmo98
    Participant

You can use the hotkey button only as input_player_1. There is a difference between your files. Only Joypad 1 (PSX) or Joypad 3 can open RGUI.

Your retroarchpsx.txt

input_player1_joypad_index = 1
    input_player2_joypad_index = 0
    input_player3_joypad_index = 3
    input_player4_joypad_index = 2

retroarch1.txt

input_player1_joypad_index = 3
    input_player2_joypad_index = 2
    input_player3_joypad_index = 1
    input_player4_joypad_index = 0
    jplaj
    Participant

trimmtrabb: This should be the newest version. I ran the upgrade/update on it last night.

gizmo98: I’ve set up the bypass configuration file for PSX so I can use Playstation controllers while still using SNES controllers for everything else. My issue isn’t which controller I’m using (I’ve tested the other three, just to be sure). In fact, every other hotkey function works fine on controller 1 while I’m in Playstation. It’s only the menu_toggle and the disc change functions that get no reaction.

Cael
    Participant

well by defauly it works in the 1.9.1 SD Image but Breaks in updating the Raspberry pi’s fw i think its something about the new experimental 2D video acceleration now in the fw After 1.9.1’s SD image was released

i think we all gotta wait till somethings fixed on the matter (i had iy before updating now its gone .)

and mself w/o RGUI to map nxengine’s controlls to my xbox controller, playing by the Handheld wireless keyboard/mouse combo unit. is a major PITA

Cael
    Participant

*bump* well i found that the configs looking for it to be an enabled hotkey + entered as “f1″ not f1 (w/o the ” s)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.