Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently running OSMC on my rasberry Pi and my objective is to boot Retro Pie from within Kodi (from a menu item).

The guys over at the OSMC forums have already created this as an option and you can find a link to it here.

My real question is that I really like the configuration options of Retro Pie and want the ability to edit the config files etc from a terminal. I noticed that when I connect to OSMC (when Kodi is booted) I login with the OSCM login as opposed to RETROPIE. I am wondering if this is going to prevent me from running any of the config tools provided by Floob or problems for me when editing / saving files?

I guess in short the question is can I still edit Retropie when logged in as OSMC and make changes to the Retro Pie / Retro Arch configurations…

Thanks in advance!

zerojay
    Participant

The way you likely have things setup is that OSMC and RetroPie have their own partitions on your SD card. You should be able to mount the RetroPie partition and make any changes you’d like. There’s no intentional blocking of anything going on. But those hybrid builds don’t come from here and aren’t supported officially so you’d have to ask whomever made your sd card image for all the details.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

retrosmc installs retropie on top of osmc. Actually, the work is mostly in the launching of ES from within Kodi etc, as RetroPie-Setup does work on OSMC out of the box (from the terminal at least).

I believe most of the RetroPie-Setup configuration stuff should be fine – and the system is set up to be able to run from any user – but as I don’t actually use OSMC there may be a few issues here and there.

I don’t know about 3rd party config tools – they may well make assumptions regarding the location of stuff.

missposhosho
    Participant

Thanks for all of the feedback. I had a go at installing it and to be honest it wont launch from within Kodi. Also my system seems a lot slower since it’s been installed.

I think to be honest I’ll just buy a seperate SD card and go for a clean install of Retro Pie. It’s not the end of the world to restart the Pi and change an SD Card.

Thanks for all of your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.