RetroPie Will not work

RetroPie has a new website and forum. Please visit https://retropie.org.uk/ for the new site. The new forum is located at https://retropie.org.uk/forum/. This forum is left here as a read-only archive.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of chris102994 chris102994 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chris102994
    chris102994
    Participant

Okay so iv had the raspberry pi for about a month and iv been fooling with this retro-pie arcade project on and off for the whole time. It absolutely will not work. Iv looked through forums, others problems and everything. I have installed via image burner on my PC and iv installed via Raspbian. The biggest problem I face is that the keyboard stops working for some reason (its not the keyboard, iv tried 5 different keyboards and all the same problem). Ok so I reset the pi until I somehow manage to log in and get to coding. I can finally expand and download drivers for controllers and keyboard works fine (for a few keystrokes after reboot) so I get it to controller config and it finally recognizes my PS3 controller. I set it up and there’s an error. After a few quick searches I find out why (that I cant use it on certain emulators well certain keys). Anyway I get it done and I go to install a ROM via flash drive. And SURPRISE it doesnt create a ROM directory in the flash drive. Ok so I do some reading and I figure out about how the folders supposed to be so I create a rom folder and within it I put a n64 folder with 3 different games in it. (rom’s work, iv tried it on my pc’s emulator). Only 1 actually copy’s over (the pi still hasn’t made other folders on the directory). I load into the game and I get a script page… I wait about 5 minutes and it keeps glitching every 2ish minutes to a different frozen screen. Ok so I decide to try a new rom installment method via WinSCP. Now when I boot my retro-pie the keyboard doesn’t even respond to anything. The Pi works fine with any other OS. But it will not work with retropie. I cannot find anyone else with this problem. Is there anything I can do or anyone that has had the same problem that can help me? Thank you.

Profile photo of trimmtrabb
    trimmtrabb
    Participant

Try another power supply first to rule that out.

If you have found the solution to your problem please mark the topic as resolved.

chris102994
    Participant

I tried another power supply. I’m currently running 5.1v. I was running 5v. I also have a USB hub that’s externally powered to try and eliminate the problem as well.

chris102994
    Participant

I just dug up a little bit of a bigger supply I’m trying out. And it is definitely responding better so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar