Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

is there any way to run retropie on raspbmc?

with that, the main problem seems to be, i have to run emulationstation out of a tty, else emulationstation is unable to initialize sdl. i don’t want to connect an keyboard and run it all by myself. is there any possibility to run retropie/emulationstation out of xbmc or out of a script triggered by gpio?

Shosh C
    Participant

I don’t believe that you can run retropie on raspbmc since it relies on its own dependencies. even doing a apt-get update && upgrade screws raspbmc up. You’re better off doing raspbian w/ xbmc and then retropie.

but if you get it working on raspbmc, let us know.

winch
    Participant

Hi

I have a similar problem but on standard Raspbian instead of Raspbmc. My pi works without any real keyboard and only gamepad (xboxdrv that emulate mouse and/or keyboard).

I have written a Python script (executed at desktop start) that offer a gui with one choice “Emulation Station”.

When into this gui select ES:
    – before stop X (so script execution terminal disappears)
    – after launch ES main script.

ES front end works correctly and I can navigate easly with gamepad. When select a game I see into the order:
    – blank screen
    – downgrade screen resolution
    – upgrade screen resolution
    – ES front end restored

If I launch emulationstation via ssh session, I can run games as expected.

I tried via Python to “force” input redirection with /dev/tty without success.

Into debug log I see that “logic” expect /dev/tty, is possible to “replace” via command line without alter code of RetroPie ?

Thanks
    Vincenzo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.