Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone, and Happy Holidays! I just had a hopefully fairly easy question. I am relatively new to Raspberry Pi and Retropie, started working on a new B+ unit about 2 weeks ago, but I have been working in Linux/UNIX for a very long time so that’s nothing new. :) So far things are going well with it, most emulators and my configuration are working just fine. I am having a few odd issues here and there. What I am trying to do right now is to figure out exactly where the logs are at (or how to properly set up logging) so I can better refer back to that for some of these issues. I haven’t been able to locate any logs yet related directly to retropie other than some of the startup type logs in /var/log/messages. I did set this in my retroarch.cfg —

libretro_log_level = 3

but not sure if that is high enough or where the logs would actually be located at, assuming they even are seperate logs, or where debug logging would end up at, that sort of thing.

As examples, most PSX games I’ve tried so far work just fine – Brave Fencer Musashi worked for a bit but then the rom hung during a zone change (the pi was fine, I could SSH in and kill it but the game never did come back up until I restarted the unit). I also uninstalled that ScummVM 1.4.1 package and compiled ScummVM 1.7.0, it works just fantastic with some of those games, but when I try to exit or even shut down from ScummVM when completed the whole unit seems to hang. Hoping some of these logs will help me troubleshoot that.

Thanks again for all the hard work being put into Retropie, you guys are awesome!!!

suboshi
    Participant

Just wanted to see if anyone out there had any ideas on where the RetroPie logs would be at. Happy New Year!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.