Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Just a quick overview on the new release

Anonymous
    Inactive

Floob, are there any big benefits to upgrading from 2.6 to the beta yet with respect to n64? I’ve got basically every emulator I want running fine and even moonlight configured BUT I haven’t yet configured all of my N64 games (I have configured some so they run but not all).

I am wondering if upgrading will give a significant change to n64 roms that work or if it comes with some “out of the box” configuration for games (since they all seem to be different).

I’ve been holding off upgrading since everything else works fine.

Floob

I wouldnt move yet if its just n64 emulation you are looking to improve.

You could keep an eye out here:
    https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/blob/master/RELEASE

https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro

davidraid
    Participant

Just installed the Pi2 image to an SD card and played around with it. Couple of strange new issues since beta 2 (haven’t tried beta 3) with controller setup for Xbox 360 Wired USB Controllers.

Not only is setting it up problematic (strange sticking issues on Left bottom buttons, when pressed it begins trying to skip it and it cannot be stopped. Tested on two usb Xbox controllers) but worst of all.. even with the d-pad set up, games no longer recognise it. Tested in a NES game, it’s no longer possible to move. A, B, Start etc all work fine, but neither the d-pad or configured analogue sticks will move.

While I love the idea of sharing the configure imput of the gui with the retroarch configs, it seems to have broken USB Xbox controller imput.

rafb
    Participant

Is there any way to update from 3.0 beta 2 to 3.0 beta 4 without flashing SD card with new image?

Floob

Updating the binaries and updating the retropie script should do it.
    Backup before you try though.

rafb
    Participant

it did, now i have some problems with PS3 joypad. I think old joypad config placed in beta2 location makes problems with new joypad config located in beta4. at the moment i will try to handle it myself ;)

Floob

You can check where retroarch is looking for the controller files in this file:
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Look for this line
    joypad_autoconfig_dir =

rafb
    Participant

Strange things, i dont even know where to start, but i will drop RetroPie until it will be 3.0 Stable.

It looks like via usb cable – pad works, if i want to pair it via BT – it gets paired ok but it wont work in emustation or in games.

ok, edit:

just found ./retroarch-joyconfig did whole config via BT and pad works it was paired but somekind emustation cant see those configs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.