Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I installed RetroPie 3.6 on a Raspberry Pi 3. Everything I’ve installed is working extremely well except for one thing.

When I run Nintendo 64 roms using mupen64plus-gles2rice, ones that should be best compatible using it according to the compatibility chart in the wiki, I get audio but only a black screen. Has anyone else encountered this or found a solution?

When I run roms using mupen64plus-gles2n64 that are compatible according to the list, they play great and I get video and audio.

gizmo98
    Participant

Do you use audio sdl?

fistwielder
    Participant

I’m not sure. How do I use it? Would it fix the black screen issue? I don’t see anything on the wiki regarding an audio sdl.

fistwielder
    Participant

I just finished installing a fresh RetroPie 3.6 image on a new SD card and used a different Raspberry Pi 3 board and I get the same issue.

microstatic
    Participant

Hi bro,

Just letting you know that you are not the only one who got this problem. Me and a friend, we both got the same problem.

I’m still trying to find a workaround, no success yet.

We use the same setup as you, RBP3 and 3.6

fistwielder
    Participant

I’ve installed fresh RetroPie 3.6 images on all 4 of my Raspberry Pi 3s. All of them have this same issues. I’ve tried everything I can think of but haven’t found a solution. It’s good to know I’m not the only with the problem though. I’ve also found other forums now where people are posting with this same issue.

Fixing it is obviously beyond my techinical capabilities. Is this something that is actively being looked into, or would be best to go back to an older version of RetroPie for now?

By the way, I greatly appreciate everything the RetroPie developers do. Tinkering with and using it has become an awesome hobby.

fistwielder
    Participant

I just saw that someone posted about a new plugin. Maybe it will help with this.

drakaen391
    Participant

Having this exact same issue… Only emu that works is lib and only Mario 64 is playable…

drakaen391
    Participant

Rice seems to be unplayable so far in my tests… But I have been tweaking each game to get the best performance…

It’s time consuming, but a workaround

gizmo98
    Participant

Do you User HDMI or Composite?
    Please update Mupen64plus:
    Press F4. Emulationstation closes.
    Type:’
    cd RetroPie-Setup
    git pull
    sudo ./retropie_packages.sh mupen64plus
    emulationstation ‘

microstatic
    Participant

@gizmo

Thanks bro, updating mupen work for me. I really thought i was latest version tho :\ my bad.

But thanks again for pointing this out, you the man.

fistwielder
    Participant

Thanks gizmo!
    I was updating it using the retropie setup script, but it wasn’t fixing it.
    Updating it using that command worked!
    Thanks again for your help!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.