Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello,
    today i updated my PSX and N64 Emulators using ./Retropie-Setup. After this i rebooted and updated the Retropi itself with this command

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

after this the boot failed.

This error came up:

Panic VFS :Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block

Here is the Text from my SD-Card cmdline.txt

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait

and issue.txt from SD-Card

Raspberry Pi reference 2014-01-07 (armhf)
    Generated using spindle, http://asbradbury.org/projects/spindle/, 0e00a4f, stage4-lxde-edu.qed

Any way to help?
    Or myabe a way to get the savegames from PSX as backup when i need to reinstall the SD card?!

Roo
    Participant

Looks like you have some file system corruption. If it were mine, I would just reinstall the SD card image.

The saves should be in with the ROMs / CD images. For PlayStation that’s /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx. The saves will be the same name as the ROM with a *.srm extension

supernashwan
    Participant

I am having the same issues. I can install the 2.6 image fine, but after i run

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

or update the binaries from the retropie_setup script, the system becomes unusable. I have re-installed the image several times over the last couple of days and it works fine right up until i run either of the updates.

Directly after the update i am unable to shut the pi down as when i issue the reboot or shutdown commands i get an error that indicates the binaries are no compatible with the system. Its like the update overwrote my system with binaries from a completely different architecture.

I have a RPI2 and live in Australia (could be a corrupt local mirror?).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont know i had to reinstall my Pi to fix the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.