Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What is the current way to set up a ps3 controller for the retropie? Can the wiki be updated for the current 2.2 version.

I do see option 321 from RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh for “Install PS3 controller driver”

smatticus
    Participant

did you mean bluetooth? because the USB setup seems to work out of the box, all i had to do was run the retroarch setup once in the menu and it was fine

doanerock
    Participant

smatticus, yes bluetooth. I assumed that was a given for ps3 controllers. Do people really get long usb cables for the ps3 controller?

I used to download sixad and the controller would shake the controller and light up the controller number once it paired with retropie. I would like to get this working in 2.2. I feel like the documentation does not match the option 321 menu item.

Haris1977

I ve managed to do it (through retropie setup script) but there are some probs

1) Not all the time works. I almost always get the initial joystick setup screen where i have to recalibrate it every time i open my pi. There are times that doesnt connect at all

2) Even if it does lights do not stop blinkink

I guess it is smth with the drivers(?) and needs update..

zamuel
    Participant

because the USB setup seems to work out of the box, all i had to do was run the retroarch setup once in the menu and it was fine

When I have the PS3 controller connected with USB cable and runs retroarch setup it says that it finds the controller but when going through the buttons it just says timeout and it doesn’t work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.