Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I normally edit configs and add roms via SSH with WinSCP. Because of the new folder structure I cannot edit any files or add files to the ‘opt’ folder as permission is denied. Anyone know how to give myself permission?

kitchuk
    Participant

I also noticed the MasterSystem and Neo Geo system folders are missing in the roms folder.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

to make yourself a root a account

sudo passwd

choose a good password, follow prompts,

then login as “root” and your new password

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=10493]I normally edit configs and add roms via SSH with WinSCP. Because of the new folder structure I cannot edit any files or add files to the ‘opt’ folder as permission is denied. Anyone know how to give myself permission?[/quote]
    You can enable the root access via WinSCP when you SSH into the RPi before and set the root password with the command sudo passwd. Afterwards, you can use, e.g., WinSCP and log into the RPi with root as username and have according permissions.

This will already be done with the next release of the sd card image.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=10497]I also noticed the MasterSystem and Neo Geo system folders are missing in the roms folder.[/quote]
    NeoGeo has become FBA now. Mastersystem is missing – this is a bug and you can add it manually with mkdir -p /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem. This will be fixed with the next release.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great work folks, v2.0 is shaping up nicely!

The rom folder for atariStSteFalcon is also missing. Easy enough to add it in though.
    Thank you for the advice to enable editing of the opt folder – I was unable to transfer my Cave Story save games without it.

kitchuk
    Participant

I understnad that Neo Geo is now FBA. The new ES does actually have a theme for Neo Geo. I created a folder called ‘neogeo’ in the roms folder. I use FBA for CPS roms and Neo Geo for well…Neo Geo.

I also creaste two seperate PiFba folders (with two seperate configs) as I use one controller setup for FBA and one setup for Neo Geo controls.

nemo93
    Participant

Gents,

for the sake of clarity, let’s try to use a single thread regarding the “permissions” if you don’t mind?

I’ve proposed a workaround here: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/no-writing-permission-for-retroarch-cfg/#post-12219

hope this helps.
    cheers,

Matias

thank you so much petrockblog, it really worked

peanut
    Participant

It won’t let me type in a new password when I use ‘sudo passwd root’

no keys on keyboard work except ‘enter’… im stuck :(

yourselvs
    Participant

When trying to load a rom of TRON: Deadly Discs on intellivision, the following error shows up (all non-preinstalled roms have th esame error):

—-

ERROR: Could not read EXEC image ‘exec.bin’

Search path:
    /opt/retropie/emulators/jzintv-1.0-beta4/bin/../rom
    /usr/local/share/jzintv/rom

—-

After a couple seconds it returns to the game selection screen under the intellivision menu.

The rom I got was from a sketchy site but should’ve been fine. It ended up as a .bin and I hope that’s what intellivision is supposed to be.

I am using a brand new raspberry pi B+ fresh out of the box after installing retropie.

data123
    Participant

To get intellivision to work you need the files EXEC.BIN and GROM.BIN (find them on bittorrent)

then you need to make a folder at
    /usr/local/share/jzintv/rom

& put them there

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Intellivision-Emulator

monjarston
    Participant

I worked around the problem by switching my username to ‘root’ and then still using ‘rapsberry’ as my password. Was able to move and change things in the /opt/ directory.

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

My fix: Give user Pi ownership of the directories.

sudo chown -R pi /opt/retropie/
    sudo chown -R pi /etc/emulationstation/
    sudo chown -R pi /home/pi/
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.