Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I’m using the RetroLink N64 USB, RetroPie 2.6, and RPi2. Loading N64 games through RetroArch renders the joypad usesless, I can only control the game with the keyboard. I’ve tested the joypad and it works loading the game through MupenPlus. RetroArch successfully takes the input when playing SNES or GBA games, so this seems strange. Any thoughts? Anyone run into this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, I have some more info that might be able to help find the solution, I dug around in /opt/retropie/configs/n64/ and found InputAutoCfg.ini. In that file is the joypad mappings for the usb controller. I also noticied that when I plug in the controller it does not say it is configured at the bottom, only that it is plugged in. I’m guessing that means that retroarch does not run this .ini when I plug in the controller? Looking in the retroarch config folder I can’t find the N64’s config there. Am I getting close?

gizmo98
    Participant

Please register your controller. You can find plenty of topics here describing how to do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m guessing there isn’t a way to configure console-specific buttons like the yellow C buttons for RetroArch is there? All the button input names seem to be very generic.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Make inputautoconfig.ini match your controller configs in mupen64plus.cfg. The folder should be here: /usr/local/share/mupen64plus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.