Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Remember when you were a kid, and you’d start a game and die right away? “that’s not how THIS game starts” you’d think and hit the reset button? the game would quickly reload…and you’d start kicking ass again.

I know how to QUIT the emulator from inside the game, but that’s like…you died, so you turned the power off on your NES and took the cart out, and then put it back in an turned it back on.

I built a couple emulators for people over the holidays and I configured the Select button to be the hotkey ….and I SWEAR that if I held Select and hit B on their SNES controller, the rom would reset..like…well, exactly like the reset button.

This may sound stupid, but …for the Pi I put in a NES console, I actually wired up a keyboard encoder JUST to control the reset button. it’s “m”. so…I need “m” to reload the emulator, or restart the game, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how! I know it’s possible….or it was in 2.3. am I missing something? probably something obvious….

HELP!
    Thanks!
    Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok…so the actual line in the config should be:
    input_reset_btn = “m”

but it requires the hotkey to be pressed too…any way around that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

So…. Basically is there a way to have a hotkey that’s always enabled from the keyboard, but anything with the jpypads requires a hotkey button?

If it’s possible I haven’t figured it out… Maybe it’s not. :-(

Maybe I should have gpio’d it? Would that be possible easily?

kmhamel
    Participant

Watch the video, will answer all your question about hotkeys. Worked great for me. you don’t need to setup a two buttons for a hotkey on a controller but you should. It’s two easy to press one button when in the action.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I watched the video. I have 3 other shortcuts set up (exit, save game, and load saved game), but I have the reset button of the Nintendo wired to push 1 button on a keyboard encoder. It’s on the NES Box. Far away from the controllers. When I hit it, I want it to reset the game,not have to hold a button on the controller and push a button on the NES console. I mean…. It’s a 45 minutes video. I watched a LOT OF IT. If my question does get addressed at some point I apologize.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got it! I’ll share what I did soon. I’m on mobile, so… Too much to type

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.